By E. Christopher Caravette
February 18, 2017
Like many credit card companies, the Cook County Treasurer now offers eBilling to taxpayers. Beginning with the 2016 2nd Installment Tax Bill (which will issue this summer), you can receive your tax bills via electronic mail.
To participate, all you need to do is create an eBilling account at www.cookcountytreasurer.com. The eBilling service is free and will allow you to link to your online bill where you can view details and make online payments.
Once you are registered, you will no longer receive tax bills via the U.S. Postal Service.
In addition to sending tax bills by email, the Treasurer will also send you a reminder prior to the due date of each installment.
This service is especially helpful if you keep track of multiple tax bills. You can register up to ten (10) properties per eBilling account.
Some of the benefits of this new service include:
- It saves paper and postage
- It provides a permanent electronic record
- It provides convenient access to pay online
- You won’t have to worry about late or lost mail
For additional information, please contact me at email@example.com.
LOOK TO US FOR ALL OF YOUR REAL ESTATE, SMALL BUSINESS, AND ESTATE PLANNING LEGAL NEEDS! WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!
(Note: The information in this article is intended to be general in nature. Plan to discuss your particular circumstances with an attorney for how this might apply to you.)
- 26 Mar 2017What Is A HIPAA Authorization, And How Does It Work?What Is A HIPAA Authorization, And How Does It Work? By E. Christopher Caravette March 24, 2017 In o...
- 18 Feb 2017Cook County Treasurer Goes Paperless!Cook County Treasurer Goes Paperless! By E. Christopher Caravette February 18, 2017 Like many credit...
- 09 Feb 2017First Installment 2016 Cook County Tax Bills are Out!!First Installment 2016 Cook County Tax Bills are Out!! By E. Christopher Caravette February 1, 2017...
- 11 Oct 201314 Important Rights for Landlords and Tenants in the City of Chicago14 Important Rights for Landlords and Tenants in the City of Chicago by E. Christopher Caravette Alt...
- 09 Oct 2013Be Aware! The New “Florida Ban on Texting While Driving Law” is in Effect!by E. Christopher Caravette The new “Florida Ban on Texting While Driving Law” prohibits the act of...
- 22 May 2013Are your Powers of Attorney Up-to-Date? Changes in both Florida’s and Illinois’ Power of Attorney laws in the past few years may have an impact on those provisions you have already put in place. Now is the time to make sure your Powers of Attorney are as effective as you need them to be!by E. Christopher Caravette What is a “Power of Attorney” in the first place? A Power of Attorney is...